In Galicia we can find a great amount of prescriptions of desserts and candies that usually are taken after eating, along with the coffee or liquors.
The famous cake of Santiago is not the only typical plate of the zone. This cake larpeira is one you would delicatesen for all the palates. Something very similar to the national king cake, but stuffed of pastelera cream.
A very sweet and substantial sponge cake, with an incredible texture and that will delight to that they prove it.
In this prescription step by step we want to teach to you to the main ingredients and steps to follow to prepare the traditional cake larpeira of Galicia.
Ingredients used for the cake larpeira
The preparation of the cake of larpeira will take to us around 180 minutes, including the preparation and the baked time of.
Kcal by each 100 grams has 360 a caloric contribution of.
With the amount of used ingredients, this cake will be able to be shared between 8 or 10 people.
Ingredients for the mass of sponge cake
- 440 force flour g
- 100 g whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 30 g fresh leavening
- 60 g sugar
- 60 g butter
- 1 spoonful of salt coffee
- 30 g anise
- Grating of a lemon
Ingredients for the pastelera cream
- 250 ml milk
- 15 g starch of maize or maize flour
- 45 g sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cane of cinnamon
- Grating of lemon and orange
- In order to decorate: 50 g sugar 1 spoonful anise and 1 egg
- For the syrup: 50 g sugar, 50 g water and 50 g anise
How to prepare the cake step by step larpeira
- We warm up to untimed fire milk until it takes temperature (up to 50 ºC). We add the leavening until it is diluted in milk. To surpass never more than 60 ºC since the leavening is an alive organism and would lose its effect.
- On a bowl, we incorporated the flour and the rest of ingredients. We add milk with the leavening at the end of the whole. The recommendation is not to add all the flour and to hope to knead to see if it is necessary, leaving a perfect texture.
- We knead the mixture until leaving a somewhat sticky texture, with all the mixed and homogenised ingredients good. Little by little, the mass will be gaining elasticity. We will need a little more 15 minutes kneaded. If it is necessary, we will incorporate the mass that we have separated.
- We leave leavening it does its work, leaving the mass squashed inside the dull furnace.
Preparation of the pastelera cream
While the mass is taking so large by the leavening, it is the moment for preparing the pastelera cream that will go within the sponge cake of ours takes larpeira.
The cream is prepared quickly and had easy elaboration.
- We add 50 ml of milk in a bowl and add in her the Cornstarch until diluting it.
- In another bowl, we add to the sugar and the egg. We beat to mix the ingredients.
- In a pot, we warmed up the rest of milk (200 ml) along with the grating of lemon and palito of cinnamon (cinnamon in branch). When it initiates the boiling, we retired milk and we incorporated to the mixture the mixture of the egg with the sugar.
- We return to place the mixture in the average fire, removing the mixture well. When it again initiates to boil, we retired again of the fire and we add milk with the mixed cornstarch.
- Outside the fire, we remove the mixture well until one becomes a cream uniforms and smooth.
- In a clean bowl, we add the still hot cream. We remove until little by little it is cooled off.
Mixing the sponge cake with the cream pieit was
It is the moment for uniting ingredients both. We have the pastelera cream perfectly uniforms and only we have left to introduce it within the sponge cake, still without cooking.
- The mass will have doubled its original size, reason why we hoped to that the pastelera cream cools off for being able to work with the pastry bag.
- We give to circular form to the mass, doing with a sharpened knife effect him of rhombuses or cuadraditos in the surface (fix you to the image to take the idea).
- With kitchen brush, we used the beaten egg to paint the surface of the sponge cake. Of this form, it will take in the furnace a golden color characteristic of larpeira.
- With a pastry bag, we filled up bizcoho with the pastelera cream. We fill up the lines created with the knife.
- We mix the sugar with the anise until it is a drunk or soaked sugar. It will serve us to cover the hollows that the pastelera cream leaves on the sponge cake.
- We warm up the 180 furnace to ºC, heat as much arrives as down. We introduce the stuffed sponge cake in the central part and bake during 20 to 25 minutes (following the force of the furnace).
- If we see that the part of above is toasted in excess, we happened down to heat through in the last minutes of baking, or placed a piece of aluminum paper raises.