The Canary Islands offer much tradition as far as the gastronomy, that has known to adapt it to a form to work and to prepare foods somewhat different and peculiar.
In that inclumos plate listing the soup of lentils to the canary style, with ingredients somewhat different from which can be taken in the Iberian Peninsula.
If you like the canary kitchen, as and already you have proven the broth of canary fish, we recommended this fabulous prescription to you that will hook you to the gastronomy of these Islands.
Prescription for 4 people
- Time of preparation: 5 minutes
- Time of baking: 40 minutes
- 250 gr. of lentils type pardinas
- 1 garlic sausage Asturian or Galician type
- 1 piece of ham
- 2 small carrots
- 1 onion
- 2 maize maize-cobs
- 1 tooth of garlic
- 400 grams of pumpkin
- 4 marrows
- 4 potatoes
- 1 pinch of sweet chilli
- Food colouring
- Extra virgin olive oil
Preparation of the canary soup of lentils
It adds the extra virgin olive oil to a pot and warms up to untimed fire. It divides cebola and the tooth of garlic in very small pieces. Add them to the pot so that they are to saut© slowly.
Meanwhile, it pricks the rest of vegetables in more or less generous pieces, not very small. Add them to the pot and cook them next to the onion and garlic. At this moment you can contribute to the garlic sausage and the piece of ham, without cutting. It peels the maize maize-cobs and cuts them by half. Add them to the pot so that they also cook slowly.
The following passage of our canary soup of lentils is to peel potatoes, cutting them in small cuadraditos. We add them to the pot along with the lentils that previously will be to soaking and, if you want, kidney beans to accompany to the soup. We cover all the ingredients with water (that does not see any food on the water), we add the condiments (chilli, coloring, salt and pepper) to the taste and boiled to average fire.
When we see that the potatoes already are cooked, puncturing them with a possesor, we removed ham and the garlic sausage and we separated it. On a wood table and when more colds are something, we pricked them and we return to add to the pot and extinguished the fire.
We separate the pot and we will have ready our canary soup of lentils. He will be ready to serve!
Preparation of the canary soup in Thermomix
If we have the Thermomix foot processor, it will be much more easy and practical to us the cooked one, especially for which they do not have long time to cook.
Although, as tenth we, the kitchen enjoy ourselves from the home, when the ingredients are prepared, to the end, with the last spoonful.
- To put the lentils to soaking the previous night (minimum 10 hours)
- We add the carrot in the glass, programs 2 seconds at speed 2 and divided. We separate from the glass of the Thermomix.
- We add to the teeth of garlic and the onion and divided during 4 seconds at speed 4.
- We cook the ingrdientes adding oil, temperature varoma and speed spoon during 5 minutes.
- We add the water until covering the ingredients, programmed 25 minutes and temperature varoma. In the orifice of the cover, we add cabaza, the garlic sausage, ham, the sliced maize-cob and potatoes.
- To the 2 minutes, we add the lentils, salt, chilli and the rest of condiments. We cover with the tumbler and we let cook.
- We verify flavor and we rectified of salt in necessary case.
- Without opening the glass it verifies the salt point and it rectifies if it is necessary. It adds the rest of the 10 Popes and returns to program min., Temp. varoma, left turn, speed spoon.
- We let rest some minutes and we will already have ready our canary soup of lentils.