Miso soup is an excellent prescription coming from Japan, very traditional and consumed in the Japanese Empire.
As more and more the Asian kitchen in all type of western countries has been introduced, miso soup is one riqusima prescription that we can prepare with ingredients readily accessible (we could not say the same for some years¦).
Customs of miso soup
Miso soup is used in the Japanese gastronomy as a support to other plates, or as an entrant.
It is, so to speak, as gazpacho or the initial soup before the main plate. Therefore, never one uses as unique plate since it does not have a great saciante capacity, but prepares the stomach to receive the rest of foods.
Miso soup can be taken in breakfasts, lunches and dinners, since in the Japanese gastronomy as much distinction as in the West in the consumption does not exist in the morning, just risen, to noon or at night.
This soup can be accompanied with white rice and several plates more (seaweed, ramen, meats, fish, etc.). As it is a soup client, with special attractive for winter, when taking it as appetizer, it fits very well to take sushi later.
A Japanese custom exists to take it at moments from slope of defenses or when we are colds or with influenza, something similar to which we do in Spain with the chicken soup.
Prescriptions of miso soup
The majority of miso is done with 4 main ingredients: water, miso (it grazes of fermented soybean), tofu and marine seaweed of some form.
Miso can be found in the cooled section of some grocer's and in almost all the Asian markets. It can seem a dark ingredient to only buy for soup, but he is reasonable, incredibly healthful and it is possible to be used in many other prescriptions as soups, dressings for salads, marinated and many plates of Asian inspiration. Therefore, pantry seemed to me a worthy addition.
Miso soup with vegetables and tofu (it prescribes fast of 15 minutes)
Used ingredients (for 4 people)
- Tofu (average cup of tofu signs in buckets)
- Green onion (equivalent to 1 cup of fresh weight)
- Green beet (equivalent to 1 cup of fresh weight)
- 2 leaves of nori droughts
- 6 8 spoonfuls of it grazes of miso white
- 1 liter of water (for 4 cups)
How to prepare miso soup
- We calculate 1 liter of water and we let boil to untimed fire
- When the water is boiling, we add to the alga nori and we lowered the fire to cook during 5 to 8 minutes.
- While the alga nori is hydrated and it cooks, we prepared miso. In a small cup, we add a little hot water (we can take it of the boiling water) and beat until it is a smooth texture. When we have it prepared, we separated and we return to the water that is cooking.
- To the water we add the green beet, the green onion and tofu. We continue cooking by 5 minutes until all the foods are cooked.
- We retire of the fire and we add the mixture of miso that previously there are preparation. From here, we remove well so that the mixture of all the ingredients is homogenised.
- We add salt to the taste and we served well hot.
Nutritional contribution by ration
This entrant contributes very few calories and serves to prepare the stomach for the following foods. Served in the heat of the moment, it is an ideal in winter and very healthful mixture.
- Energy: 88 kcal
- Fiber: 3 g
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated fat: 0.5 g
- Protein: 7 g
- Sugars: 2.5 g